- I wish I had worried less about the future.
- I wish I had been more ambitious.
- I wish I had traveled more.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
- I wish that I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish I had watched less TV.
- I wish I had been brave enough to express my feelings.
Take some time to chew on these today and for the rest of your days. I certainly will, as some of them in particular really stick with me.
We also have the great opportunity on Monday nights to practice each of these. They require courage. They require energy and effort. They require digging deeply into our hearts and our guts. That is what we do when we train in Systema. As such, when we practice our art, we practice being a better person and give ourselves the opportunity to trade in the phrase “I wish. . . .” for the phrase “I did. . . . .”
We are all on this strange and wonderful journey together. We train together. We help each other and even though our paths cross for 90 minutes a week, that time may be all that is needed to have the life that we desire and to make a difference in the world.
Or at least our world.